POW MARTIAL ARTS CHILDREN'S PROGRAM
CALL US NOW 0468 477 951
What do we want our children to learn?
Self Confidence - Self Control - Self Respect.... absolutely but we want to offer much more;
Life Skills -
- Learns body postures, eye contact, and other movements typical of a confident student.
- The teacher engages in play with the children, thus making them feel valuable.
- Martial art practice is fun, thus encourages adult communication.
- Martial art principles will carry over into areas of academic study, including the classroom.
- Martial arts teachings include constant praise for abilities, thus building confidence.
- Teachers help students lose “labels”.
- Students gain confidence through self-learning and thus can be more confident in times of pressure.
- By giving child responsibilities they become more confident. This is done in group teachings as higher belts teach lower belts.
- Building assertiveness, a key ingredient in self-confidence.
- The teaching is rewarded throughout the process, rather than an end result such as graduation.
- Overcome negative self-talk.
- Learn to accept mistakes as a part of learning.
- Students learn limits and boundaries, because strict rules in the practice room are understood by the students for their own safety.
- Students observe openly how other students learn
- Students learn to repel bullies; thus they feel safer in the classroom, and their basic needs are met.